Dave Walton & Jim Elliott have joined us for another segment of our Expert Webinar Series. The discussion is centred around pain science, innovation, and the future of the physiotherapy profession.
Topics of Discussion:
- What is the future of physiotherapy?
- What are some innovations in practice that are coming down the pike that could affect our practice?
- What are the critical knowledge, skills, and behaviours clinicians should be focusing on that will be important in the future?
- What is the next in the field of whiplash and trauma?
- Where is the research headed?
- How can I identify a good continuing professional development course?
The recorded version is available on Embodia as a complimentary course for VIP members. So, you have 2 choices:
- Become an Embodia VIP Member for $15/month (get 25% off if you're a CPA member). You'll get the entire library of previous webinars (plus all future webinars) for free, a library of free courses, and 20% off your first premium course (choose from 200+ courses on a wide range of topics).
- Pay $20 for the single recorded session.
About the Instructors:
James "Jim" Elliott, PT, PhD FAPTA
Jim completed his PhD at the University of Queensland, Australia (UQ) in 2007 and a post-doctoral fellowship (2010) also at UQ (CCRE-Spine).
He is currently a Professor of Allied Health in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Sydney and the Northern Sydney Local Health District. Prior to this, Jim was a tenure-track Associate Professor in the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago, USA, where he remains an adjunct Professor and Principal Investigator of the Neuromuscular Imaging Research Laboratory.
Dave Walton, PT, PhD
Following a 10-year clinical career, Dave completed his PhD at Western University (London Ontario) in 2010 where he is now Associate Professor in the School of Physical Therapy and Director of the Pain and Quality of Life Integrative Research Lab, Honorary Associate Professor with the Discipline of Physiotherapy at the University of Sydney, and Associate Editor of the scientific journal Musculoskeletal Science and Practice.
He is the Principal Investigator on a number of large-scale initiatives including the SYMBIOME acute trauma recovery cohort study and the Physio Moves Canada qualitative exploration of threats, opportunities, and innovations for physiotherapy practice in Canada. He currently holds the titles of Faculty Scholar, Teaching Fellow, and MayDay Pain and Society Fellow, and has just completed a role as one of the co-leaders of the 2018 Global Year for Excellence in Pain Education.
The full course is available for FREE to Embodia VIP Members! Embodia VIP Members also get:
- Instant access to 20+ members only courses with new ones added every month.
- 20% off your first premium level course.
- Access to our popular Embodia Home Exercise program app on Android and iPhone. Increase compliance and decrease patient discharge.
- Monthly 1 hour webinars where you can ask questions, learn the latest strategies to accelerate your career, latest advancements, and stay on top of the latest treatments.
- Free 30 minute Professional Development Strategy Call. Find out what you need help with then guide you to the right solution ($150 value)
- Every month we have member only discount days where you get 10-50% off the premium level courses.
The best part is the it only costs $15/month to become a VIP Member. Click below to register to become a VIP Member and get the full course with Dave Walton and Jim Elliott for free!